So it’s finally December… Christmas here we come!
And here at Children of the Andes we have discovered loads of great ways that you can celebrate the festive season in the lead up to Christmas. Please read on and find out how you can help vulnerable children in Colombia whilst enjoying the festivities…
* If you are already getting excited about the arrival of Father Christmas, you will love COTA’s Advent Countdown.
* If you’re looking to make life simpler this Christmas, you could wrap all your Christmas pressies in newspaper this year and donate to COTA (some of) the money you save on wrapping paper.
* Last year some of our supporters decided not to send Christmas cards, and they donated the money they saved on cards and stamps to COTA. You can still wish all your loved ones a Merry Christmas by creating an online card like this which also encourages them to donate to COTA too!
* If you can’t face the shops this Christmas, you can do your shopping online with COTA and buy our beautiful fair trade colombian jewellery. We haven’t even had to leave the office to buy all the women we know gifts this year! (Sadly I’m still clueless about what to get my dad!) NB. To order please email us with the reference number and your phone number.
* If you love mince pies and mulled wine, why not invite your friends over for just that. You provide the nibbles / wine, and ask them to make a donation to COTA instead of bringing yet more food and drink. You could serve anything really. We are organising a Christmas breakfast in our building – see our tips here too!
* And if you are thinking “I would love to help, but I just don’t have the money for any of this”… Here is how YOU can help…
- Pass on the link to our blog to people you think would like to donate
- Tell people about our work. Give them our website address – http://www.childrenoftheandes.org
- Go to our fundraising pages and see what you can do without spending a penny for us. You’ll find lots of ideas to do in your community, with your church and at University throughout 2011
- EAT A HANDFUL OF ANTS! and ask people to sponsor you! We are holding a Christmas breakfast in Development House next Thursday (December 2nd) and all of you are welcome to come along. It will be from 9-10:30am. We’ll have real ants from Colombia for you to try in return for some sponsorship from your friends and family!
If you do decide to fundraise for COTA this Christmas we’d love to hear from you. Please email us or add us on facebook and share your dieas with other COTA fans!
From all of us at Children of the Andes… Enjoy the festivities and THANK YOU for your support!